Monday, February 21, 2011

Fall... Get Back Up Again? No Queda otro

You ever had the flu before?  I hope not, but if you have I'm sure you'll be able to understand why I haven't written for the past while.  Man, I got hit hard.  I was out from a Wednesday night until Sunday morning (two weeks ago).  And when I mean, out, I mean not functional.  It was good to catch up on some sleep, I guess?  So, I got behind on a lot of my studying, which made me feel a bit stressed.  That Sunday that I was recovered, I was called as the Elders Quorum President here in the branch, which by the way is quite exciting and intimidating.  So, I've just been playing catch up ever since, and have been a bit reluctant to write on my blog.  I haven't even kept track of my goals.  I've been trying here and there, but haven't felt much drive to stay on top of my goals.  Then, I got a friendly inquiry from my dear friend Erin (check out her blog) of how my goals were going, "... you haven't updated your blog in awhile."  So, here I am.

Thoughts have gone through my head, "Is all this really what I want?  Are these goals really necessary?  Get back up again?"  I've concluded, "No queda otro," which in Spanish translates to there's no other way.  These goals that I've set for myself aren't just off the fly, capricious fancies.  They are based on eternal behaviors of happiness, and not doing them, for me, is not really an option if I am to keep progressing.  The whole idea of making a goal and sticking with it is important in and of itself--self discipline, accomplishment, progression, etc.

So, thanks to good friends and the nudges of the Spirit, I am back at it.  Had a good workout this morning.  Having a test later on today that I still haven't studied for is also a bit motivating to get up early.  Guys, if you've set goals for yourself, keep going.  It's hard.  I figured that I would hit times like this.  Make yourself accountable to somebody.  And those of you that are "accounting," keep on your friends.  It means a ton.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for that, BJ! (And I'm glad you're feeling better. And good luck with the EQ! That's exciting.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got this up. :) We all have times like this. I completely agree with your idea of "no queda otro." It's so true! If we are to truly progress and become what God expects, we have to keep at it! There really is no other way.

    Life is going to get a bit crazy for you, especially with this new calling. You can do it, though. I have faith in you and I'll be keeping you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm way behind.. I just read this. It's very good. I like how you are taking an eternal perspective on your goals. It's good because you are practicing skills that will be very beneficial in your future and such. You are being such a good example to people with your actions and testimony. Keep it up Beej! I am way proud of you and all that you are accomplishing. You are also going to do so well with your new calling. I never really had an understanding as to how priesthood callings work, until recently. The adversary is going to do whatever he can to discourage you and cloud your thoughts and understanding, but as you continue to draw close to the Lord you will be okay. Which you already know that! I am just saying it because it is something I have been reminded of recently. Thank you for your patience with me and with your goals. Your example helps many people. And you and the family's love and prayers have given me so much strength. I pray that he will continue to bless your life and your family's life.

    Thus I end my novel. haha :)

    ReplyDelete