Friday, August 7, 2009

Different Choir, Same Experience

Tonight's concert was great. Good music, a great audience, great friends... This term has been very interesting to be in summer chorale. I absolutely loved the experience. I think what is amazing is to see the power of music come alive with different people and under different conductors. Each has their own view of music and how it ought to be communicated.

Dr. Broomhead's direction this term was quite inspirational. His style of teaching really helped us to feel comfortable and got us to internalize habits that are good for any singer to make a beautiful sound.

Sure, it was different than I was used and probably prefer, but the result was really moving. After finishing "Let Their Celestial Concerts All Unite" tonight, I felt a great sense of awe. The music really started setting into my soul and the intended feeling of that peace began to make more sense as we were all sounding praises to God.

Truly, music is a miracle. The voice is a miracle. Those who have paved the way to great music are inspired of God. That is becoming more and more evident to me. As one of my favorite songs expresses: "Words alone are vain and vacant..." I feel music to be an essential part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment