Friday, August 28, 2009

A little bit of Payson Goodness

Had a couple of awesome excursions up to Payson Lakes. Well, let's be honest, we tried three times, but the first time was a failure because we forgot that it costeded money. For all of your adventurous folk out there that want to go experience the Lakes at Payson: $7 per day. $5 is not enough. They do take checks. They'll tell you who to make the check out to. Just some advice from your friendly accountant.

Here to the left I think is a picture of Mt. Nebo (Ne-Bizzle as Matt and I call it). Pretty majestic don't you think? A little different from our Timp friend, and taller.

Thursday is probably one of the best days to go... or at least any day that's not Friday, Saturday, and especially not Sunday (for various reasons). In short, the NOT-Weekend.

You can visit the second lake if you like mud. I'd suggest bringing floaties of some sort so you don't have to wade through the mud... but at the same time it's pretty fun. The third lake is by far the best. I think it's the deepest and largest. When Matt and I were up there this past Thursday, we had the lake to ourselves except for a couple of fisherpeople. We took some inner tubes (Matt calls them drifters) and floated out in the middle of lake. Besides the occasional bubble skirting your leg, it was pretty peaceful I think the best part was just being able to leave everything else behind and not think about life, responsibilities, commitments, etc. We chatted about life, about politics, saw some ducks and other sea creatures (starfish, whales, etc.).

We met the "custodian" I guess you could call him of Payson Lakes. He is a really good man. As we talked to him, you could tell how much the place meant to him. He said, "I've got the best job in the world." He turned to the lake with his hands out and said, "Look what I get to come to everyday. It's incredible" (or something like that). He took his shovel and went off to clean up. He takes great care of it. I didn't see any trash as we walked around the place... and I'm rambling.

And now for some Spanish poetry about the lakes:
[coming soon...]

2 comments:

  1. You are SO funny haha. This is a great post...whales, starfish, drifters, fisherpeople...you made me laugh...prolly. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post BJ. Yeah, that was a great time, just chillaxin'. Happy Birfday!

    ReplyDelete