Thursday, September 1, 2011

Just Once a Year

When I've talked with anybody today about how my birthday went, I can't really describe it.  It started on Tuesday and hasn't stopped.  I had a friend make me an incredible cake and decorate HER house.  How, cool?  I had another friend take me on a surprise visit downtown Kansas City to view the Nelson.  It was so awesome, and she fed me the best picnic I've ever had:  a BLT with probably a pound of bacon! and a whole batch of peanut butter cookies. ha.  It's so cool to see how much your friends really know you... kind of surprised me.  Got to work a full 8 hours at work today, a cupcake specially delivered from another good friends.  The most impactful gift came from the most beautiful greeting from my Heavenly Father.  I had a sunrise in the east and a rainbow in the southwest this morning.  They only lasted 20 minutes or so.  I drove to work and looked off to the east as much as I could without being hazardous.  I was almost moved to tears as I soaked in the tranquil beauty of it.  It spoke to me, great love, words that I cannot even write.  I listened to Trinity College's rendition of "Hymn to the Eternal Flame" (Thanks to Matt Nielsen) as I drove and stared at the beautiful rays reaching up in the sky, chasing away the night's darkness...  It was very allegorical, very moving.

I came home to streamers and balloons.  I spent the evening with my family out to eat a great restaurant; we were completely ridiculous together.

Mom made an angel food cake for me.  Absolute favorite.

I am filled with great joy, overwhelmed with the love of my family and friends.  There are so many well wishes and greetings that were so special, so thoughtful.  I wish I could name each of them right now.  Thank you everyone.  Birthday's are for feeling special, unique, important, loved.  That has happened today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're birthday was so wonderful. I'm even more happy that I got to be a part of it. You really deserved the best birthday ever. I hope you got it. It seems like you did.

    ReplyDelete